Foody 8 Hydroponic Tower
$ 279.00 $ 299.00
$ 279.00 $ 299.00
- Great for Growing Outdoors & Indoors: This system uses clay pebbles (Hydroton, Grow !t) as a growing medium, which helps moderate outdoor temperature fluctuations and offers great aeration and drainage. Works equally well indoors!
- Space Saver: Only needs 2 sq. ft. of floor space. Has room for 40 plants which makes it the lowest cost per planting site compared to all other competing available hydroponic towers.
- Automatic Watering: Hydroponic system automatically circulates water and nutrients to plants. No potting soil needed.
- Grow all year: Move indoors in the winter for year round growing.
- Stay off your knees: Tower stands 5 feet tall. Plant and harvest standing up.
- Healthy & Safe: Made of a heavy-duty plastic that’s BPA free, which means no concerns about adding toxins to your organic plants.
- Algae Resistant: Anti-oxidant and UV reduction elements help reduce algae formation.
- Automatic Rotation Option: Growing pods rest on ball bearings allowing them to rotate easily for optimum light exposure (rotate either manually or automatically with our optional drive system).
- FREE SHIPPING (Contiguous U.S. only)
The Foody 8 Hydroponic system encourages rapid plant growth by circulating water and nutrients from the base reservoir through the pods and the plant roots. The growing pods are to be filled with a growing medium (such as Hydroton - purchased separately), that hold the plants and moderate temperature. (Not suitable for root crops such as beets, potatoes, carrots.)
NOTE: Hydroponic systems like this one require that plant nutrients be added to the water, and that salt levels and pH levels are monitored and managed. If you are new to hydroponics, please see our how-to guide on growing hydroponically with a Foody.
Outdoors & Indoors: This tower system is suited for outdoor as well as indoor use. If you live in hotter climates (where temperatures regularly exceed 85 F) and plan to grow outdoors, we advise using this tower vs the Foody 12. The large planting pockets and large volume of growing medium in this Foody 8 system effectively insulates the plants. The optimum water temperature for plant growth is 65-75 F.
(The Foody 12 is a recommended choice for indoor growing & greenhouses because of its improved plant capacity and ease of planting. It too may be used outdoors, but is best in climates where average outdoor temperatures do not exceed 85 F regularly.)
Rotational motor: The rotational motor attaches to the base of your tower and rotates the growing pods for improved light exposure (six revolutions per hour). Recommended for indoor use only, as the motor component is not water proof.
Hydroponic Starter Kit: We advise the purchase of the Hydroponic Starter Kit with your first system. This kit includes the nutrients and tools you need to get started; includes two quarts of Botanicare liquid nutrients, a Total Dissolvable Salts (TDS) meter, and a pH control kit.
T5 Vertical Lighting: The Foody 8 works best on decks or patios with good light exposure. If growing indoors in a poorly lit area, use a T5 Vertical Lighting System.
Plant Starter Plugs: We recommend using Rapid Rooter Starter Plugs if you plan to start your plants from seeds. These plugs are easy to transplant into your pods once the plant has developed good roots.
Note: Purchase separately a 40 liter bag of clay pebbles to fill the growing pods.
This System Includes
- magnetic drive pump
- all piping and tubing
- 4 growing pods
- base tank and lid with two access ports
- Quick assembly guide
- Foody hydroponic growing guide
- Outdoor certified electronic timer
- 8 net pots (for base reservoir lid placement)
- Rope wicks (for base net pots)
Total assembled height with four pods: 62"
Growing pod width: 12"
Base Reservoir: 19" diameter
Shipping container: 20" x 20" x 21"
Weight: 22 lbs