What is a Foody Vertical Garden?
Do you love to garden?
You'll love the Foody Vertical Garden. Foody towers allow you garden "standing up", and to grow fresh fruits, herbs, greens and vegetables all year round in a little more than 2 square feet of floor space.
The Foody comes in three basic configurations (see below). The patented system takes advantage of stackable pods, all of which are interchangeable between the systems.
Advantages of the Foody System
- Healthy & Safe: Foodys are made of a heavy-duty plastic that’s BPA free, which means no concerns about adding toxins to your organic plants.
- Algae Resistant: Anti-oxidant and UV reduction elements that help reduce algae formation.
- No weeds: With a Foody system you have less pests and no weeds to worry about. This makes growing a thriving organic garden much easier.
- Portability: Cold winters? No problem. Foodys are light enough to easily move indoors, then back outside when it warms up, allowing you to grow year round. The stackable gardening pods can also be easily taken apart without damaging the plants.
- More Efficient: A Foody system requires only 10% of the water of a traditional garden, and grows produce much more rapidly because the plants don't have to work to search out nutrients.
Rotation: The Foody towers are mounted on ball bearings, allowing the pods to spin freely. This unique feature is an absolute must for a vertical growing system. By rotating the tower half a turn once a day or so, plants will receive an even amount of sunlight. This will keep the plants compact and allow the plant to grow to its potential. We offer an automatic drive system for tower rotation.
The Foody system is ideally suited for growing indoors because the towers can be spun on their own axis, allowing for optimum light exposure. The Foody can also include an automatic drive system, which rotates the growing pods automatically. When combined with a set of T5 vertical lights, the Foody can be used to grow fresh herbs and produce all year long in any indoor location.